McMinnville's Historic Granary District
McMinnville’s Granary District was established in 1892 and formally branded in 2001. Its historic grain elevators, one of which is located in the Buchanan Cellers Mill (recognized on the National Register of Historic Places), are icons on McMinnville’s skyline. They are also nostalgic monuments to McMinnville’s agricultural roots, which continue to make McMinnville a destination for its bounty of farm to table cuisine, world renowned wineries and celebrated craft breweries.
Locals love the Granary District, sometimes called McMinnville’s historic “back yard,” for its commitment to the preservation of local history, its celebration of community and its diverse local businesses. That love is recorded in many ways — from the Love Locks art installation to serving as the backdrop for wedding, graduation and family photos.
Visitors are drawn by the area’s businesses and enchanted by its historical buildings and grain towers that fast become the center of stories they share with family and friends whom they encourage to visit.